Eight Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Work
This year, Valentine’s Day falls on a Monday. What a great way to start the workweek by showing love to your colleagues.
Here are 8 ways to spread love in the workplace:
- Bring treats for the office. If you have a special recipe in mind, go with that. If not, pick up some donuts or bagels with cream cheese. Everyone will appreciate your thoughtfulness, even if they don’t indulge.
- Email a Valentine to your work team. Use a caption like: “I really love working with you all – Happy Valentine’s Day”. A simple gesture goes a long way.
- Write a heartfelt note to a mentor or boss. Express what you have learned from them and how they have brought joy to your job.
- Throw a Valentine’s Day lunch with your team (or zoom lunch). Have each person share why they love their job or working at your company. Everyone wear red, of course!
- Show you understand. Encourage everyone to leave work an hour early to celebrate Valentine’s Day with the special people in their lives.
- When in doubt, share chocolate! Bring in a box of candy or distribute work-appropriate Valentines cards.
- Decorate the office. Add a loving and festive touch to the office this Valentine’s Day! Whether it’s heart-shaped balloons or sweet treats placed on desks, make this day extra special for everyone in the office.
- Play a Valentine’s game or quiz. Whether played in-person or remotely via Zoom, play a fun Valentine’s Day game with your teammates.
Be creative and have fun. Make it a day filled with good energy. Then, think about how you can create an environment where loving your job and the people you work with happens every day.