The importance of living by a plan — SUCCESS!
I am a goal setter – always have been and always will be. Listen to any self-help notables — Tony Robbins, Brian Tracy, Jim Rohn, Dale Carnegie– and they will point to goal setting as the most important trait of successful people and I understand why.
I believe in the power of living your life in an intentional way. I believe that life happens and you can either react to it or be an active participant in it. I chose the latter. I’ve done it and I have seen amazing things happen.
ithrive31 is about goal setting in a way that allows for the greatest success – 31 days at a time. By setting a plan 31 days at a time, repeatedly, I have been adjusting to the variables life throws my way, recalibrating and setting new goals. It’s been beyond cool!
Over the last three years I have experienced:
- Significantly reduced personal debt
- Strengthened important relationships
- Explored new career possibilities
- Participated in workshops and programs which expanded my thinking
- Changed habits and engaged in more constructive activities
- Met intriguing new people, read interesting books, and expanded my knowledge in a wide variety of areas.
The cool thing as I look back, I have these actions written down. I see progress, I see growth and I see a life lived with intention.
- I see doors that were opened because I had an action to set up a meeting and make a critical contact.
- I note important tasks that would have been put off had they not been on my plan.
- I see debt that would have grown without deliberate 31 day actions to attack it and eliminate it.
- I smile as I reflect on unexpected new friends that have come into my life because of actions on my plan.
- I treasure the personal growth I have made because of multitude of books I have read, Tedtalks I have listened to and countless other personal growth actions that I deliberately engaged in.
To me this is a thriving life. Sure, there have been curve balls but the power of 31 days is to adjust to the unanticipated and readjust the course.
I love living by a plan and will always live my life this way. I am on my third year and mid-stream into my current 31-day plan. It sits in a frame next to my computer as I write. I am on track.
As I reflect on my past plans I am grateful. But as I look forward I am excited because I know …. the best is yet to come!
If you are interested in learning more about ithrive31, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. ithrive31, LLC offers personal coaching programs: Jumpstart31™ as well as Coaching Club31™ for teams of 6 or more. Speaking and workshops are also available through ithrive31, LLC. See more at www.ithrive31.com